Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Shawl on the Needles

I started a new shawl yesterday and so far, easy knitting.  It is almost mindless knitting.  The yarn I am using is one of my hand painted merino/silk sock yarns.  It is called Sugary Confection.  It reminds me of chocolate and a gooey centered truffle.  Yummy! 

The pattern is Multnomah by Kate Flagg and it is from Ravelry.  If you are on there, check it out, it is a nice pattern to work on.  It takes sock yarn so, if you haven't graduated to using lace weight yarn, sock yarn is easier to work with. 

I am on repeat 21 of the 35 repeats.  So far it isn't too big, I am hoping it will get bigger.  The bottom portion of the shawl is feather and fan, it looks to be the old shale pattern.  I love working feather and fan since it is truly unique. 

I am using size US4 needles for this project although the pattern does suggest US 3's.  I think the US 3's would have been too small for this yarn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment