Friday, January 14, 2011

Holden Shawlette, Stick to the Chart

I started the lace portion of this shawlette and I was using the directions...should have known to skip these and just work the chart.  Did I do this?  No.  I had to rip the row back twice and the third time, I decided to go with the chart.  I should have done this in the first place and saved myself from ripping.  I hate to rip but, it is a necessary part of knitting.  The chart is now my friend.  So, I will be sticking to it. 

I even grabbed my usual post it notes for charting.  Save your money, do not buy those magnetic strips with the ribbon on them...pain in the butt.  I have found that the post it note is absolutely the best thing for charts.  I do colorwork charts with them all of the time.  They are my go to item for charts. 

The yarn is holding out nicely.  I thought I was going to have to get another skein, nope, I am going to make it.  I looked to see how many times I have to do the chart and I will have enough yarn for it all. 

I am now on row 6 of the first round of the chart.  I have to say, the lace part is so much more exciting than the increasing section of this pattern.  I was bored out of my skull and put it down for a day.  I needed to get away or I was going to walk away from it. 

So, here I am now, working on it again.  I have no idea how long this is going to take me but, hopefully I will get a major portion of it taken care of this weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment