Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Delphinium Cashmerino Socks

I am knitting the hubby a pair of socks with my cashmerino sock yarn in delphinium.  He had me repaint a yarn I had previously kettle dyed.  I chose to over paint it with a darker blue and thus delphinium was born.  The yarn is very soft but, it makes me insane.  I like a yarn with more strength than this particular yarn.  Call me picky but, I know what I like and this yarn isn't it.  I chose to do the quirky pattern Shurtugal by Alice Yu,.  I found it on Ravelry and thought it was a pattern I would love to knit.  Boy, was I wrong.  Both with the pattern and with this yarn.  I don't think this yarn has enough substance to knit a pattern with. It is more of a soft and squishy stockinette yarn.  It does do ribbing quite well.  I will say that for it but, anything complex, forget it.  You will end up screaming at it. 


I am doing to forge onward since I really don't want to rip back this much leg.  No way.  Anyway, the hubby wants them with mistakes and all.  I was going to frog them and start the pattern over but, he said he likes them the way they are.  Well okay. 

I also think the pattern isn't showing up at all since there is too much contrast between the darker blue and the lighter blue of the yarn.  This is what he wanted and I do what people want when it comes to yarn.  I am using Addi turbos in US 2.  See, I needed that other set of needles from Knit Picks to help me out.  :) 

I think the hubby decided he wanted them with mistakes and all since he knows he will get them faster this way.  I am notorious about starting a pair of socks for him and growing bored in the middle of them and finding something else to knit on.  I am going to finish these socks if it is the last thing I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment