Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Current Sock Pattern

I am currently knitting Shurtugal from Ravelry and I hate this pattern with a purple passion. Too many right and left twists for me to contend with and along the way, holes and of all things, more stitches than I started with on each row.  WTF!?  I have no idea what is happening but, it is making me crazy.  I am not a beginner sock knitter.  I have done RT and LT before and never had this problem.  Then there is the yarn, the cashmerino sock...I despise this crap yarn.  It hasn't lived up to my expectations at all.  It is too flimsy for my tastes.  I prefer a sock yarn with more substance.  I am waiting to see how long it will survive with my niece's socks.  I made her custom knit socks into slipper socks with puffy paint on the soles.  I have a pair of puffy paint slipper socks and I adore them. 

I have one skein of bfl here that I have plans with.  I love the silkiness of this sock yarn and how well it glides on the needles.  If you want a fast knitting yarn, go with the bfl.  Amazing.  I also have another standard favorite, it is one of the best knitting yarns I have ever used and it wears very well...the merino/silk sock I sell.  It is simply amazing and it takes the colors so well.  It is by far hands down my favorite yarn.  I have worked with thinner yarns and I always come back to that yarn. 

My MIL even commented to me the other day asking what yarn I painted for her and I let her know it was the merino/silk sock.  She said she loved it.  It is well worth coming back to again and again. 

I have a sock on the needles right now being knit out of Knit Picks Palette and it is working out nicely for the little sock.  It is the cutest little buddy around.  I do love knitting socks for children, they are quick works and it also helps me keep in rythmn my sock knitting.  Practice makes perfect.  This pair of wee bitty sockies as I like to call them are plain stockinette stitch.  I was thinking of puting a pattern on the wee bitty thing but, then decided it would be overkill.  It would also be wasted on a baby sock. 

I also have a mitten pattern I am currently test knitting.  I need to finish it and possibly enter it into a contest.  I haven't decided if I want to share the pattern with the world or keep it for myself.  It is a nice chart to work off of.  It isn't one of those boring ones, it has plenty of action in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment