Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Palette Yarn

I am currently knitting a pair of size 3 toddler socks for my great nephew, Eli.  I am using Palette by Knit Picks.  I normally use this yarn for stranded color combo mittens and it does a beautiful job.  I decided to go ahead and break into the 100 skeins the hubby gave me for Christmas. So far, the yarn is doing a beautiful job.  The sock is a simple one.  I chose to do simple since the sock is so little.  I feared that a pattern would get lost in the little sock and I think I chose well. 



As you can see from the pics, the sock is coming out nicely.  I am using size 2 US Knit Pick needles with cables attached, I do not use their screw on jobbies, they suck!  I had so many socks on needles that I broke down and bought these to help me knit new socks.  For those of you who don't knit, you wouldn't even begin to understand, it is a knitter's thing. 

I love how well this yarn shows stitch definition.  I know from previous experience with this yarn how well it works with stranding on mittens.  I love to use it and it is very soft.  I have noticed like I previously mentioned at how well the heathered palette yarns are much softer than the straight colors.  I have noticed this on several of their heathers.  I thought this would work well for little Eli since he has such sensitive skin.  I also want to see how well it will hold up to a baby.  So, Eli is my test subject.  I will have to ask his Mom how the socks are holding up after he gets them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment