Monday, January 13, 2014

My Hubby's Hobby

My darling hubby, has a new hobby, he was given a lathe for his birthday last year by me.  I love to buy him things that he would never buy for himself, that is how he owns a band saw, I thought it would make an awesome birthday present and I bought it for him when we were first married.  I give really good gifts. 

So, anyway, I gave him a mini lathe so, he could learn to turn wood.  He decided that after making me countless kitchen tools, which I love, that he was good enough to try his hand at pen turning.  Yep, he is really talented.  So, he has some news pens that he has been making and with the help of a friend, I think we are going to try and sell some of his pens. 

The top pen was made for my brother in law, Mikey.  The bottom pen was made for my sister, Melinda.  Melinda wanted something patriotic.  Mikey was a toss up.  I thought about blue but, then I saw the blank for this pen and knew it would be perfect. 
Both pens are acrylic.  They have been hand turned by my hubby. 
He has plans for more pens to be turned in the future.  He has already made two pens for me.  I can't seem to get enough of them.  I love these pens and they are heavy and write great. 
I even told my hubby he needs to get his own blog to write about his hobby but, he is too shy to do this.  Me, I am not shy at all.  I don't have a problem showing off his craftiness.  I am quite proud of my hubby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment