Monday, April 8, 2013

Going Back to my Roots

I picked up my needles again after finishing a scarf.  It is a lacy scarf and I used sock yarn that I had hand painted many moons ago.  The scarf looks like a neon rattle snake skin.  Pictures will follow once I can block it. 

I knew what was happening, I was craving knitting socks.  Yep, I am knitting a pair for my niece, Maribeth.  I started the cuff last night.  I have a lot of time on my hands right now since I pulled my back.  Talk about misery...I had forgotten how miserable this injury can be.  So, thinking that I was much better last night, I told the hubby to forget the pain patch and I would go to sleep without it.  Big mistake!  So, I am now sporting one of the stinky things and I am telling you, it feels much better with the stinky thing on. 

I have been looking for a nice pattern for her socks but, so far, nothing works.  I might just knit plain old socks, no pattern.  I don't think the yarn will let me do a lace pattern, it is bold and bright.  So, a plain old pair of stockinette socks might just fit the bill.  They will be a mindless knit, which I need so much right now. 

Just a knit that will keep my hands occupied and my brain on cruising mode.  Nothing too serious.  I have plans to knit a stole when I finish the socks.  I will need something more challenging when I finish the socks.  It is always fun to interchange between a seriously skilled knitting project versus a mindless easy one. 

It should be fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment