Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ripped!

I was knitting on a sock called Ankle Arches and then I realized something wasn't quite right.  The pattern clearly states that the heel turn is a Dutch heel well, the author of this particular pattern didn't put it in the pattern.  I was knitting along without the heel turn and realized something was horribly wrong.  My sock was not looking anything like the picture.  So, I ripped that sucker off of my needles.  I think the color of the yarn was throwing me, too.  It was a pretty coral but, it just annoyed the hell out of me. 

So, I picked up my suri alpaca/merino blend yarn, End of Summer and started to knit on a scarf out of the Lace of Estonia book and I am working on Raha if you happen to have the book and it is looking really awesome.  I can't wait to see more of this pattern emerge, I might even knit it again in another hand painted yarn. 

I am knitting it on US 5's even though the pattern calls for US 4's.  This is just me and the only needle I could find last night.  I was knitting on it until about midnight and then put it down to read on my Kindle for a bit before bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment